Current Wedding Regulations
The current wedding regulations came will come into place on 28th September 2020 due to COVID-19 and here at Unique Occasions at Loversall Farm have been working hard to ensure these rules are adhered too.
The weddings and same-sex civil partnership ceremonies are reduced from 30 to 15 people in England.
With couples together with their families and friends eager to celebrate, wedding venues are being allowed to accommodate but at an reduced number which would include the officiant and photographer (but not venue staff).
As we have said previously, with any wedding or celebration, a large amount of people come together. This is obviously when a virus such as COVID-19 can spread. Therefore, venues are being urged to open for up to 15 people, only if they are able to do so safely.
The guidelines state that;
- Visitors to use the NHS Covid 19 app upon entering to scan our QR code.
- Ceremonies should be kept as short as possible.
- No food or drink should be consumed unless necessary.
- Group singing and playing of instruments should be avoided.
- 15 people are allowed for the ceremony but ONLY if it is safe to do so – social distancing should remain at the forefront of everyone’s mind, keeping 1m apart.
- The 15 people should include the happy couple, the officiant and anyone not employed by the venue such as a videographer.
- It is”strongly advised” that receptions do not take place afterwards.
- Different households should stay 2m apart whilst inside the venue.
- Many more restrictions such as hand wash/sanitisers, limited people handling the rings, no raised voices to name but a few are also to be adhered to.
However despite these new provisions being made by the Government, many couples feel that their day would be completely different to than that they imagined. Therefore more and more couples have now postponed their wedding until 2021 and beyond.
Fortunately over the last 6 months, Unique Occasions have worked tirelessly to provide alternative dates for all our happy couples with almost all our weddings this year being postponed to another date in future years.
Please note when you visit our venue the important notice and we are urging all of our visitors to ensure that the relevant NHS Covid 19 app is installed on their devices prior to arrival at our venue.
We want to ensure that whatever happens our couples will have their dream wedding at our unique venue.
We are in this together……Stay Safe!