Advantages of an Autumn or Winter Wedding
With many people moving summer weddings to later in the year, here we explain why there are many advantages of an autumn or winter wedding and how creative you can be with your design and theme.
The ultimate wedding is definitely at the forefront of every couples thoughts when they’re planning their special day. But a summer wedding doesn’t have to be the only option in succeeding this dream. With the COVID-19 epidemic moving weddings to later in the year or next year, many couples are rethinking the theme of their wedding.
- The nights may be darker but the sparkles are so much more brighter in the autumn and winter months. In fact we think we should have ‘shares’ in fairy lights as there are that many. Not only are the weddings in summer highly successful, but so are the winter one’s due to the cosy, intimate, yet spacious atmosphere of The Barn.
- The Barn is an amazing place for your photographer to get creative due to the historic and magical atmosphere within. Not forgetting the colours around the farm in autumn and winter can be breathtaking at this magical time of year.
- It may be a barn, but you will be warm. With underfloor heating and a warm air system throughout the venue, our team will ensure you and your guests are kept warm all day long.
- Decorating The Barn is another concern, but it needn’t be…..get as creative as you like. From autumnal trees with their gold and red leaves to Christmas decorations or even a winter wonderland theme…..we have seen all options in our historic barn to great success. A talented venue stylist like Karen at All Occasions can be such a valuable asset to bring your dreams to fruition with their creativity and highly experienced talent.
- With capes being one of the biggest trends in 2019 why not accessories your dress with one when outside, alternatively use a faux fur stoles, shrugs or tuxedo-style jackets to layer up, it is not surprising that the pictures from 2019 weddings available online have been truly spectacular. Get creative with your attire for outside photographs whilst keeping warm….. don’t forget you can wear tights under your dress and if you’ve a maid of honour you can get them to carry hand warmers to heat up your hands before wedding photos.
- If you are going outdoors for your photographs (which we strongly advise you to do), spray shoe protector on leather and suede shoes and use heel protectors to stop you sinking into slightly softer ground – or wear your wellies under your big dress if you want to keep your feet super snug and dry…..nobody will know.
- It’s not just the women who can layer up and accessories their wedding dress to look fabulous – men can wear thick fabrics such as tweed and velvet to keep warm whilst looking dapper.
- It’s a well known fact that sequins is an ideal accompaniment in winter (especially on bridesmaids dresses) due to it sparkling under all the lights and enhancing photographs – it’s not just for Strictly Come Dancing! For brides, beading is always a must for a bit of glitz and glam.
- Candles are another well known accompaniment in The Barn at Unique Occasions at Loversall Farm. They create a romantic mood especially on those darker days in autumn and winter. Placed at different heights throughout The Barn and Courtyard Marquee, these candles and lanterns provide a warm glow throughout your special day.
- We have room for coats – it sounds completely pointless to think of people’s coats, but we have plenty of room to store your guests coats whilst they celebrate with you, ensuring no one trips over a coat on the back of a chair.
- Think differently to favours, from sparklers, candy canes, mini bottles of baileys, hot chocolate kits to crackers – the options are truly endless to what fun you can have.
- Entertainment doesn’t have to just be a few Christmas songs on your dj’s playlist. Why not have a ceilidh band and get everyone up dancing, add a hot chocolate station so children can add their own toppings, or toast marshmallows by the fire pit outside The Barn. If you really want a show stopper, have a giant fireworks display outside.
- Get creative and create a Winter Wonderland Fantasy – from carol singers, ice sculptures, horse drawn carriage rides, Narnia inspired theme or even an ice skating rink – all these added extras make your day magical and truly memorable for you and your guests.
- You may not be able to get peonies in December or January but seasonal blooms can be embraced. With reds and white blooms, winter foliage like ivy, holly and hypericum berries, the choice is endless an can be very dramatic.
- Just like in the summer, our couples add baskets of blankets for those heading outside to sit by the fire pit. But unlike summer you can add a touch of warmth with complementary mulled wine on arrival or a hot toddy to finish off your meal.
- Capture your magical day with an experienced and professional photographer, research their work by looking at their website and social media pages. A good photographer is experienced at shooting in low light and when the weather is less than ideal. Some of the most memorable and dramatically romantic pictures we have seen have either been by candle light, sunset or when it was raining.
- Get the help and advice you need when you need it from your wedding venue co-ordinator. They are there to assist and will have worked with a vast amount of suppliers over the years and are sure to recommend several suppliers of each service you require whom are reputable.
The advantages of an autumn or winter wedding are endless….enjoy!
From everyone at Unique Occasions at Loversall Farm, stay safe and stay well!